Ode to St. Urho
St. Urho Statues
St. Urho Celebrations
Origin of St. Urho
St. Urho sites
Links - Finnish sites
Calendar of Finnish Events
Links to St. Urho Sites
(Note: 14 March 2008. We have not checked all of these links lately. Some may no longer exist or are very out of date.)
- St. Urho's Day shirts and assorted gifts. Order from CafePress.com
- Finland, Minnesota - One of the biggest celebrations of St. Urho's Day, but you won't find a schedule here.
- Menahga, Minnesota - Schedule of St. Urho celebration.
- Some Notes About St. Urho - Prof. Michael Holmes, of the Department of Communication, University of Utah, has a page that corrects some of the history behind the legend. Some of the best information on St. Urho, other than this site, of course.
- The St. Urho Legend: A Semi-Humorous Critique of "The Ode" and other points of the legend, written by Prof. B. Vähämäki, University of Toronto Finnish Club.
- Petrus Kaartin's Site, Helsinki, Finland. Sometimes called "the definitive St. Urho site", it has only a small amount of information and few photos.
- House Taivassalama's Annual St Urho's Tourney. A Medieval Tournament by members of the Society for Creative Anachronism.
- Roadside America - St. Urho statues in Minnesota.
- St. Urho in Popular Culture - thom.org. Several links to St. Urho web sites.
- Patron Saint of Grasshopper Management? A biologist's look at St. Urho as insect manager.
- St. Urho's Day by Paul Thvedt, Cloquet, MN.
- The Ultimate Saint Urho brought to you from Martinniemi, Finland. Hardly the "Ultimate", a short description taken from other St. Urho sites.
St. Urho's Pub, Helsinki, Finland. Named for Urho Kekkonen, past president of Finland, not the legendary saint.
(Photo: Deb Strohm, Randy Jokela and Diane Sargent in front of St. Urho's Pub, Helsinki, 1997.)
- St. Urho Cards by Finnish Designs, Duluth, Minnesota.
More St. Urho's Day web sites